Monday, June 12, 2006

Checking TV Schedule?

Do you regularly check what is on your TV by flipping pages of "TV Guide" or your local newspaper? I used to do that. Then one day I realized all the tv schedules are availible on the internet FREE and my habit of flipping papers become googling for "tv schedules". It works great! As long as I keep an updated bookmark in my browser, I can check whether there is anything worth watching at few mouse clicks.

After years of being online tv grid viewer, I find all the tv listings, albeit convienient, boring. They have different background colors for different genres, such as movies and sports. But that is it. How I wish we can have a customizable tvlistings that can have more graphics and highlite what I am really interested shows.

Then I discovered the good news. The major tv listing provider -- Zap2It, has offered a free subscription to their tv listings to all non-commercial uses. So after played with it for a while, here it is: WhatIsOnTv.info.

Of course, being able to customize, whatisontv.info only lists the local tv schedules -- currently Comcast Cable Chicago west suburban listings. I will publish the software free, so any one that interested in it can have their own customized listings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home