Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Die in a Car Accident

"I will die in a car accident."

I am a bad driver. I have acquired 3 speeding tickets in less than 6 months; I have trashed my previous car; I have semi-trashed my friend's car; I have been hit by a car behind; and I have put several scratches on my current car.

However, it is hard to convince myself and admit I am a bad driver by my concious. You see, I am not aggressive; I am patient; I always keep quite a distance from the cars in front; I am not clumsy and I have often been regarded by myself and my friends as skillful in driving. Naturally, when the police and my wife accusing me being a bad driver, I would response by thinking more of the opposite.

Well, I do have one flaw that I have to admit: I am often absentminded.

Driving is very joyful to me. It gives me uninterruppted space and time to enjoy the weather, enjoy the road, enjoy other folks that on the road, enjoy the speed, enjoy the control, enjoy the traffic, ..., most of all, I can think on the problem I care without interruption. I guess that is the reason that I hate to admit I am a bad driver. Admitting being a bad driver would take quite some joys out of the driving.

Nevertheless, I need be smart. If I ever get involved in a serious accident, I could lose a great amount of joy that is incoming. Reminding myself to drive with attention is a smart choice.

So after another incident that I barely missed, I said to myself, "I will die in a car accident". Well as long as we are driving, and given that the risk of traffic death is far greater than other cause, the statement is almost a truth given we drive long enough. And admitting I am a bad driver adds another certainty to it. "I will die in a car accident."

I am not really worried about death, but if I have choice, I want enjoy my life as much as possible. Shorten my life is one way to cut my joys in total. So being smart, I need make sure my life reach certain span.

Well, I can't ensure anything that is out of my control, but hopefully, by visualizing the picture of my death, I can postpone it, hopefully long enough until the oil price reach so high that we are restricted from drive so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home