Thursday, August 03, 2006

Things We Appreciate

I am one of the most unappreciative persons, yet there are things and people I appreciate spontaneously.

I appreciate those who help me when I need help. I appreciate those people who achieve what I cannot. I aprreciate those people who are capable of what I am not.

I have aprreciated few people. Now think about it, it is a results of my super-inflated ego, believing I was capable of doing most everything.

The tipping point came after I read the "expert mind" article published in Secientific American. I suddenly realize that an expert mind is not much different than an ordinary mind. We are more or less created equal. Indeed, I am capable of most everything. And I now realize the fact is most everybody is capable of most everything. There is too much "everything", thus nobody are really capable of everything. Anything but everything. And suddenly, I realize, most everyone is achieving what I am not capable of.

Looking at all the achievement they made that is beyond my capability, how can I not appreciate them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home